Discover Barcelona’s varied – and delicious – culinary heritage on a food and wine tour through the Old Town. Taste Catalan wines, paella, pintxos, wild mushrooms, and more.
- People (All Ages)
Discover Barcelona on our food and wine walking tour.
Explore two of Barcelona’s most vibrant neighborhoods, merge yourself in its great mediterranean culinary heritage by the hands of a professional sommelier that will guide you among the countless flavours of wines perfectly paired with delicious tapas, regional tastings and fusion delicacies.
Make the most of your time and discover two off-the-beaten-path neighbourhoods that are changing the habits of the locals on the famous “tapear” life-style.
- 3.5-hour food & wine tasting tour of Barcelona.
- Enjoy different tasters, including delicious tapas, regional dishes and desserts paired in harmony with 5 Spanish wines.
- Get the inside scoop on Barcelona’s food and wine scene from a professional sommelier.
- Immerse yourself in local life at Sant Antoni and Poble Sec, the food & wine hotspots neighborhoods of Barcelona. Enjoy your time as the locals do!
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a personalized experience.
For our first stop, to start your culinary journey we have chosen a friendly bar that fuses the Northern region of Spain food heritage with creative new flavours. Enjoy these tastings with our world-renowned Spanish champagne, called Cava. The hints of sparkling pear and lime from the Cava produces a beautiful pairing with the myriad of flavours found at this local gem spot.
In a few steps, we go from Northern to Southern Spain to try one of the most popular tapas, the famous patatas bravas or spicy potatoes: The best proof of our Moorish heritage showing a delicious combination of spices. At our second stop we offer our local Macabeo grape variety: Feel the refreshing acidity and the green fruit flavours reminding one of green apples and pears. These grapes will transport you to where they were grown, to the cooler inland vineyards in the Penedès wine region.
Your tour in Barcelona continues in a short walk to the Sant Antoni neighbourhood, one of the current culinary hotspots districts of Barcelona. Along the way, take the chance to marvel at the recently refurbished Mercat de Sant Antoni, a beautiful food and flea market which dates back to the Roman era of Barcelona.
At the third stop, we invite you to taste Barcelona’s avant-garde cuisine in a modern restaurant where the menu follows the seasonal availability of ingredients and the chef’s inspiration. Expect great and bold flavours paired in complete harmony with our world recognised wine-growing region, La Rioja. Taste a robust full-bodied Tempranillo, a red wine with hints of bright cherries and strawberries, notes of vanilla-oak and sweet spices.
The fourth stop is another real treat, a beautiful and typical Spanish-style bodega, where locals used to buy wine directly from the barrel and nowadays is the meeting point for all wine lovers. We invite you to try Catalan food, with a selection of regional charcuterie joined with the famous “Pan amb tomaquet.” A tomato-based toast with genuine olive oil. Combine it with a full-bodied red wine from Ribera del Duero, a region where the extreme climatic conditions and a silty soil creates Spain’s most robust, higher alcoholic and fuller-bodied red wines.
Our round trip across Spain ends with the perfect final stop, a local wine bar where we cheer with a glass of Sherry, a millennial sweet wine coming from the southern city of Jerez. In over 3,000 years, this wine has travelled from Lebanon to Greece to put strong roots in southern Spain. Taste smooth notes of figs, coffee, dried fruits and nuts enriched by a typical Catalan cheese served to end your complete food and wine journey around these magical lands.
- Full Meal consisting of various seasonal Spanish dishes.
- Alcoholic Beverages: 5 different glasses of different Spanish Wines.
- Professional sommelier to guide you in a culinary journey of food and wine.
- 3.5 hours of food & wine pairings through different local restaurants.
- Small Group tour of max 12 people to ensure a personalised experience.
- Hotel pick-up or transfer
- Tips (optional)
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years, non-alcoholic beverage options available.
- If you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know when booking.
- Vegetarians and gluten-free menu options are available upon request.
As travelers, we know that a lot of unforeseen events could happen before your trip. This is why we have a flexible cancellation policy with a full refund up to 24-hours prior to the starting time of your tour, giving you better peace of mind. Unfortunately, past this flexible cancellation time, no refunds will be issued.